Sunday, September 4, 2011

Boy Proof, by Cecil Castellucci



Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

Feeling alienated from everyone around her, Los Angeles high school senior and cinephile Victoria Jurgen hides behind the identity of a favorite movie character until an interesting new boy arrives at school and helps her realize that there is more to life than just the movies.

I started this book thinking that I would read a couple of chapters and then go to bed. Wrong! I know that I'll regret my decision to stay up late in the morning, but it was totally worth it.

Boy Proof is a quick read about a geek girl. It is incredibly true-to-life and I connected with Egg, the main character. I'm so glad that I don't have to go through high school again.

Over the course of several hours, I laughed, I cried, and I smiled with happiness and relief. Two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment