Thursday, October 13, 2011

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #4), by J.R. Ward



Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers.



I probably shouldn't be reading this series back-to-back-to-back; they are all starting to blend together. Thankfully, I am completely in love with the world that J.R. Ward has created.

I have never been a fan of the romance genre, and some of the passages border on the absurd. Seriously, how is it that all male protagonists have huge penises? It also drives me crazy when an author -- especially a WOMAN -- gets the details of losing one's virginity completely wrong. There is no "barrier" halfway inside the vaginal canal. The hymen is on the OUTSIDE of the vagina. GAH. How hard is it to Google such a simple fact of human anatomy?

With the exception of the romance ridiculousness, I have yet to come across another paranormal series that has captured my attention like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment