Monday, September 3, 2012

Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander #2), by Diana Gabaldon



Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

For twenty years Claire Randall has kept her secrets. But now she is returning with her grown daughter to Scotland’s majestic mist-shrouded hills. Here Claire plans to reveal a truth as stunning as the events that gave it birth: about the mystery of an ancient circle of standing stones ... about a love that transcends the boundaries of time ... and about James Fraser, a Scottish warrior whose gallantry once drew a young Claire from the security of her century to the dangers of his....

Now a legacy of blood and desire will test her beautiful copper-haired daughter, Brianna, as Claire’s spellbinding journey of self-discovery continues in the intrigue-ridden Paris court of Charles Stuart ... in a race to thwart a doomed Highlands uprising ... and in a desperate fight to save both the child and the man she loves....



Oh my holy hell.

I hated how this book started. As soon as I finished Outlander, I opened the next in the series. Imagine my surprise when I learned that Claire was back in the present time and no longer with Jamie. WTF, Diana Gabaldon?!?!?

I'm a bit irked at the heartfail this caused; Pepcid, however, received a great boost in sales. And my kids learned some new words.

Thankfully, I have book #3 ready to go on my Kindle. I NEED to know where the story goes from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment