Thursday, April 4, 2013

Awkward, by Marni Bates


Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

I'm Mackenzie Wellesley, and I've spent my life avoiding the spotlight. But that was four million hits ago...

Blame it on that grade school ballet recital, when I tripped and pulled the curtain down, only to reveal my father kissing my dance instructor. At Smith High, I'm doing a pretty good job of being the awkward freshman people only notice when they need help with homework. Until I send a burly football player flying with my massive backpack, and make a disastrous--not to mention unwelcome--attempt at CPR. Just when I think it's time for home schooling, the whole fiasco explodes on Youtube. And then the strangest thing happens. Suddenly, I'm the latest sensation, sucked into a whirlwind of rock stars, paparazzi, and free designer clothes. I even catch the eye of the most popular guy at school. That's when life gets really interesting...





So cute!

I've been in a total reading slump the past few days and stumbled upon this book on my Kindle.  I don't remember getting it (and it wasn't on my TBR), but I figured that I'd give it a shot.  Since nothing was interesting me, I wouldn't be let down by reading a book on my "I can't wait to read this!" list.

This was an excellent find!  Mackenzie is adorkable and totally someone I would have been friends with in high school.  It's fun watching what she does when she becomes famous after an embarrassing encounter is uploaded to youtube.

This was a really fun book that I read in a few short hours.  It's a good choice if you're looking for a light YA read.

No comments:

Post a Comment