Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman



Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

After the grisly murder of his entire family, a toddler wanders into a graveyard where the ghosts and other supernatural residents agree to raise him as one of their own.

Nobody Owens, known to his friends as Bod, is a normal boy. He would be completely normal if he didn't live in a sprawling graveyard, being raised and educated by ghosts, with a solitary guardian who belongs to neither the world of the living nor of the dead. There are dangers and adventures in the graveyard for a boy. But if Bod leaves the graveyard, then he will come under attack from the man Jack—who has already killed Bod's family . . . 


3.5 stars.

So many people rave about Neil Gaiman--and this book in particular--that I chose to read this for a book club challenge, wherein I had to choose a book that was not on my TBR.

It was okay. I really enjoyed the last third of the book.

I still don't think that Gaiman's style is my cup of tea, but I'm glad I tried another one of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment