Saturday, July 20, 2013

Macbeth, by William Shakespeare

Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

Stars, hide your fires! Let not light see my black and deep desires.

One of Shakespeare's darkest and most violent tragedies, Macbeth's struggle between his own ambition and his loyalty to the King is dramatically compelling.

As those he kills return to haunt him, Macbeth is plagued by the prophecy of three sinister witches and the power hungry desires of his wife.





Confession #1: Despite my love of theatre and the years I spent performing on stage, I've never actually read Macbeth (though I still wouldn't dare to say his name in any sort of theatrical venue). 
 
Confession #2: I won't listen to Shakespeare again.  I am a visual learner and his works are too difficult to decipher just by listening to the performance; I need to see or read the play in order to grasp its meaning.

Confession #3: I did not actually finish Macbeth.  Instead, I am going to read a recap and call it a day.

Confession #4: The entire time I was listening, I kept thinking forward to January 2014, when my BFF and I are flying to London for the weekend, just to see David Tennant in Richard II.



No comments:

Post a Comment