Monday, July 1, 2013

June Recap


I can't believe that June is over already!  I listened to two audiobooks that I absolutely LOVED, two that I really liked, and one that left me feeling unfulfilled.  There were more two-star books than I expected and half of my four-star ratings were non-fiction war stories.  Not the happiest of subjects, but definitely powerful.

What did you read last month?



Five stars
Looking for Alibrandi, by Melina Marchetta
Moloka'i, by Alan Brennert


Four Stars
Escape From Camp 14, by Blaine Harden
Feeling Sorry for Celia, by Jaclyn Moriarty
Ghost Time, by Courtney Eldridge
Surviving the Angel of Death, by Eva Mozes Kor
The Twisted Window, by Lois Lowry
 

Three Stars
Invisible, by Marni Bates
The Invitation, by Diane Hoh
 Outcast, by Adrienne Kress


Two Stars
The S-Word, by Chelsea Pitcher
Weather Witch, by Shannon Delany
Where'd You Go, Bernadette?, by Maria Semple
Your New Job Title is "Accomplice", by Scott Adams

Could Not Finish
The Awakening, by L.J. Smith
Louder Than Words, by Laurie Plissner

Fun Stats
Number of books attempted: 17
Number of books read:  15
Number of pages: 2,587
Number of audiobooks: 5
Number of NetGalleys: 9
Number for spring book challenge: 1 (finished!)

Longest book:  Ghost Time (416 pages)
Shortest book:  Your New Job Title is "Accomplice" (128 pages)

Favorite book:


1 comment:

  1. I need to read Looking for Alibrandi! I've read Saving Francesca and Jellicoe but I haven't read that one yet! I saw someone else raving about Moloka'i, I need to check it out, too!

    ReplyDelete