Friday, January 18, 2013

Monster, by Walter Dean Myers



Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

FADE IN: INTERIOR COURT. A guard sits at a desk behind STEVE. KATHY O’BRIEN, STEVE’s lawyer, is all business as she talks to STEVE.
O’BRIEN
Let me make sure you understand what’s going on. Both you and this King character are on trial for felony murder. Felony murder is as serious as it gets….When you’re in court, you sit there and pay attention. You let the jury know that you think the case is as serious as they do….
STEVE
You think we’re going to win?
O’BRIEN (seriously)
It probably depends on what you mean by “win.”



I was left terribly unsatisfied by this novel. It's won a handful of awards, so I was expecting to be wowed.

But I felt very lukewarm toward the storyline throughout the entire book. I just didn't care about any of it.

I was intrigued by the story being told in the form of a movie, but I ended up not liking it.

Not something I'd recommend to anyone.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment