Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Oh, Dear. Boy Child is My Mini-Me.

DH and I are readers.  We are both introverted nerds and happily spend our evenings reading.  It's a rare night when we go to bed before midnight because we're too wrapped up in our respective novels.

When I was a kid, I frequently did the whole flashlight-under-the-covers thing so I could keep reading long after my parents said goodnight.

Super sneaky.

The other night, I caught my almost-five-year-old Boy Child with his bedroom light on, sitting in the middle of his room, reading.

At 10:00pm.

Two hours past his bedtime.

I have a lot to teach him about being stealthy.


2 comments:

  1. I just recently started following your blog, and I love it. Thanks for all the book recs! I just had to comment on this post because I LOVE IT so much. I was so that child, and although I suppose I would have to "discipline" my kids if I caught them like this, I really hope it happens. It would make me smile, as did this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kendra! You have the dubious honor of being my very first commenter. :)

    I'm thrilled that Boy Child is turning out to be as much of a reader as I am (and Girl Child isn't far behind)!

    ReplyDelete