Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #11: Smoke, by Ellen Hopkins


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that highlights soon-to-be-published books.  This week's selection is...

Smoke (Burned #2), by Ellen Hopkins
Publication date: September 10, 2013
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

Pattyn Von Stratten’s father is dead, and Pattyn is on the run. After far too many years of abuse at the hands of her father, and after the tragic loss of her beloved Ethan and their unborn child, Pattyn is desperate for peace. 

Only her sister Jackie knows what happened that night, but she is stuck at home with their mother, who clings to normalcy by allowing the truth to be covered up by their domineering community leaders. Her father might be finally gone, but without Pattyn, Jackie is desperately isolated. Alone and in disguise, Pattyn starts a new life, but is it even possible to rebuild a life when everything you’ve known has burned to ash and lies seem far safer than the truth?




Ellen Hopkins is one of my all-time favorite authors and I simply CAN.NOT. WAIT until this book is released in a few weeks.  I already have it on hold at the library and I just KNOW that I will lock myself away in order to devour this story.

What are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. Ooh interesting! This one's new to me!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Smoke on a WOW last week and it looks great. I would love to read this book. Great pick!

    Happy reading!
    Joann @ Paperback Lass

    ReplyDelete