Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #7: The Distance Between Us

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that highlights soon-to-be-published books.  This week's selection is...



The Distance Between Us, by Kasie West
Publication date: July 2, 2013
Publisher: Harper Teen

Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich.  Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last.  Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span.  But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off.  And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve.  She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn't been raised by money.  But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn't a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized.  And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.



What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. Great choice to wait on for this book. I've heard so many great things about this one :)

    Here's what I'm waiting on: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-the-chaos-of-stars/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this! I loved Pivot Point by Kasie West and this one sounds great, I'm really excited to see how she writes contemporary fiction! Great pick :)

    New blog follower!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading this one myself. Great choice.
    My WOW...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for this one, too. It looks and sounds so charming. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the cover but it's not my kind of thing. I hope you enjoy it!

    Tsuki @ Tsuki's Books

    Tsuki’s WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also very excited to read this! It sounds amazing. Great pick! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eep, I'm so excited for this one!! I've seen some great early reviews, and I've heard Kasie West is a phenomenal writer. This seems like such a great contemporary, and I actually like the cover as well. This one is sure to be fantastic!

    Lovely pick! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. HEY!!! This is my WOW choice this week too! Obvs I agree.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one sounds so cool! I've heard great things about Kasie West's other books. Thanks for sharing. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete